Mims - Guilt : Review


In 2007, Mims explained us why he was hot, and in 2009, "Guilt" tries to claim he stills is - or just is. So does the Washington Heigths rapper live up to the low expectations that many had about him, the so-called one-hit wonder ?

To be honest, I liked his first album mainly because it meant something special to me. Indeed, "This is why I'm hot" was the first song I heard on the radio when I traveled first to NYC. And I am the kind of guy who cares about these little details of life. So I was eager to listen to some new Mims materials.

I inserted "Guilt" in my computer cd player, pressed play and started this journey into the unexpected. I skipped the first two tracks, which we usually call fillers, and whose lifetime is inferior to 1 or 2 plays. But then "On And On" appeared, and this catchy song was about to shatter my apprehension about "Guilt". So I was like : "How is gonna be track #4? A-a new banger or B-a girly-nappy R'n'B joint ?" Mims gave the answer B. I was about to give credit to Mims' haters until I reached track #6 (I didn't feel his single "Move" neither). "One Day" was the right shift to Mims epic story and "Chasing Sunshine" just nailed it.

"Guilt" is an inconstant effort but when it comes to hot tracks, Mims knows his thing. He makes them reach another dimension, and also thanks to smart collaborations. Anyway, don't sleep on this album because it is kinda hot.

0 comments: